Self-lay Services focus on investment in our people to ensure they are adequately trained with regular refresher or renewal course to ensure Industry Standards are maintained.
The Network Construction Operations (Water) – NCO (Water) – is a registration scheme for the skills, knowledge and understanding required to perform various tasks and duties on the water network.
This common standard applies to all organisations involved in water network operations and provides organisations and asset owners assurance that all individuals undertaking work for them on the water network have an appropriate level of relevant skills, knowledge and understanding.
NCO (Water) is accepted by Lloyds Register as evidence of competence for Self-Lay contractors for their Water Industry Registration Scheme (WIRS).
Self-Lay services provide our Employees with the following:
- SMSTS Site Management Safety Training Scheme
- IOSH Managing Safety
- CPCS Construction Plant Competence Scheme
- EUSR – SHEA, Groundforce, Deep Ex, Locate Utility Services, Grundomat Tracto-Technik UK (Moling)
- City & Guilds High Risk Confined Space
- NPORS Operator
- SWQR Operatives / supervisors
- Operational awareness – Risk Assessment, Asbestos Awareness, Confined Spaces & Working at Height, Manual
Handling, HAV’s, LOLER & PUWER, COSHH, High Risk Activities & Permits to Work and
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).